That’s the title of my next book which is now almost complete and will be published in October of this year. Currently the first revised version is with the Editor before it comes back to me on the 8th June. Already there are new paragraphs to go in but these are already written.
The book is in eight chapters that each deal with a specific aspect of Pernicious Anaemia and B12 Deficiency. The chapter headings are:
1 Blood, Anaemia, Pernicious Anaemia and B12 Deficiency
2. Causes of Vitamin B12 Deficiency
3. Problems with Assessing Vitamin B12 Deficiency
4. The Problem with Diagnosing Pernicious Anaemia
5. Problems with the Treatment of Pernicious Anaemia
6. The Consequences of Pernicious Anaemia
7. Associated Health Conditions of Pernicious Anaemia
8. Current Trends and Future Developments in Pernicious Anaemia
There are several appendices including a glossary or terms, symptom checklist etc. along with a bibliography and sources of help for patients not being treated or under-treated.
The Foreword is written by “Dr Chris” Steele who is regularly to be seen on the ITV Good Morning programme every Thursday.
Advance orders for the book will be available from the middle of next month.
My thanks to all the researchers and academics who allowed themselves to be interviewed and to all those who allowed me to use their unique stories of their experiences to be used as case studies in the book. Without you it would not have been possible.
I have dedicated the book to the memory of Dr Manjeet Riar with permission of his widow Isabella. I know that a great many patients were helped enormously by this visionary doctor in the past few years.